Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These simple, juicy steaks deserve a salad fresh from the garden and just-from-the-oven bread.
- 2 rib eye steaks, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each and 1 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper, as desired
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Lightly pound the meat between pieces of wax paper until somewhat thinner.
- Using a mortar and pestle or food processor, crush the rosemary with the garlic and salt, then work in the pepper, olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice.
- Spread over the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and pat it dry.
- Cook either on the grill, barbecue, or a stove- top grill pan, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until done to your liking.
- Serve sprinkled with lemon juice or parsley.
I made this as part of the July 2002 Cookout Cookathon. I really enjoyed these, but one guest did not like the faint taste of lemon. I will definitely make this one again, and not invite that guest when I do. Thanks s'kat, good one!