Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe appeared in our local newspaper, posted by Barbara Barney.. Barbie season is almost here, so this would be a good start for those who enjoy barbecued items.
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 -8 ounces rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick
- In a mixing bowl, combine blude cheese, cream cheese, Jalapeno pepper, green onion, and red wine vinegar, mix well and set aside.
- In a large, heavy zip-lok bag, combine parsley, olive oil and garlic, shake to mix well.
- Add rib eye steaks, seal bag and toss to coat and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rub the grill grates with canola oil.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and place them on the grill and sear for 1 minute.
- Turn steaks over and grill for 4 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and continue to grill for another 4 minutes or until they are done to you likeness.
- When steaks are done, remove to a large plate and coat the top or each steak with the blue cheese mixture.
- Cover the steaks with aluminum foil and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve while hot with freshly prepared horseradish if desired.