1/6 Photos of Rib Eye Steaks in a Port Wine Glaze.
Perfectly cooked steaks, nicely seasoned with a rich sweet and slightly spicy glaze. The rib eyes should be room temperature so bring meat out of the refrigerator 1 hour before searing. Use tongs so not to puncture the meat. This serves 12 normal adults. 1/4 pound per adult. BUT if like my Husband he'll eat the whole steak himself. I just don't know how he does it! Leftovers are nice over a bed of greens and a blue cheese dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat cast iron pan to medium high/ high heat.
- 3Mix flour and seasoning together. Dry meat with a paper towel. Coat meat with the flour seasoning mix.
- 4Add onions and garlic to the remaining flour and toss to barely coat.
- 5Pour oil in a cast iron pan just to cover bottom.
- 6Pan sear meat on one side for 3 minutes, flip to other side for 3 minutes.
- 7Then place on end in pan, they are thick enough to stand on their own.
- 8Add onion and garlic to pan around the meat.
- 9Place thermometer in to meat and place into oven.
- 10Roast till desired doneness.
- 11Rare - 130 to 140 degrees F; medium-rare - 140 to 150 degrees F; medium - 150 to 160 degrees F; medium-well - 160 to 170 degrees F,.
- 12Remove, tent lightly with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile add port to the onions in the pan over medium high heat to deglaze scraping all the goodness from pan. Reducing by halve. Stir in the butter to thicken and serve over the steaks.
- 14Slice across the grain.
- 15Serve as individual steaks or slice just before serving on warmed plates.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib Eye Steaks in a Port Wine Glaze.
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 85.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: