Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick sauce with horseradish, mushrooms, and sour cream that you can whip up in a few minutes to enhance steaks on the grill.
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 44.37 ml oil
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml horseradish
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- Broil steaks.
- Cook onions and garlic in oil; when soft, add mushrooms.
- Combine stock and cornstarch.
- Add stock to skillet along with horseradish, thyme, and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and remove from heat.
- Serve over steak.
I loved this! Loved everything about it! I really love horseradish and so this worked really well for me. Good steak, horseradish, and who could go wrong with sauteed mushrooms?! Thanks ChrisMc for a nice meal. Made for Cookbook Tag.
This was really good, but next time I would reduce the horseradish -it overpowered the mushrooms a bit. I didn't use the cornstarch because I reasoned that by the time I had boiled the sauce for a couple of minutes, then added the sour cream, the consistency would be right