Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick sauce with horseradish, mushrooms, and sour cream that you can whip up in a few minutes to enhance steaks on the grill.
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Broil steaks.
- Cook onions and garlic in oil; when soft, add mushrooms.
- Combine stock and cornstarch.
- Add stock to skillet along with horseradish, thyme, and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and remove from heat.
- Serve over steak.
I loved this! Loved everything about it! I really love horseradish and so this worked really well for me. Good steak, horseradish, and who could go wrong with sauteed mushrooms?! Thanks ChrisMc for a nice meal. Made for Cookbook Tag.
This was really good, but next time I would reduce the horseradish -it overpowered the mushrooms a bit. I didn't use the cornstarch because I reasoned that by the time I had boiled the sauce for a couple of minutes, then added the sour cream, the consistency would be right