1/3 Photos of Rib Eye Steak in Bock Beer Marinade
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
AUS/NZ for ZWT 5 due to the influence the German culture has had on the region and the propensity for grilling! So succulent and tender you may not even need a knife. This steak is one of the top dishes served at Hudson's on the Bend, a popular Austin, TX, restaurant known for its game cooking and big-flavored, robust dishes. "These guys could cook a horseshoe and make it delicious," says CBS news anchor and frequent Hudson's diner Dan Rather in the foreword to their new book." Chef Jeff Blank offers creativity and originality in the kitchen to make him one of the most celebrated chef's in the country. Jeff has owned Hudson's on the Bend Restaurant in Austin since 1984. Prior to that, he owned and operated Wineskin Restaurant in Aspen, Colo. He was praised by the New York Times, Texas Monthly, and Chef's Magazine. In 1996 and 1997, Jeff won the People's Choice Award at the Texas Wine and Food Festival. Hudson's on the Bend was named to the "Top 50 Restaurants in America" list. (Cook time does NOT include marinating time.) Variations: This is also a wonderful marinade for baby-back ribs, portabello mushrooms, chicken . . . you get the idea. Timing: Marinate the steaks in an airtight plastic bag the day before grilling to achieve the optimum flavor. http://hudsonsonthebend.com/main.php.... PS Tamaretta, thank you and YES this marinade is wonderful on portabellos!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (14 -16 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 1 (12 ounce) bock beer, I use Shiner Bock
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon coarse brown mustard (Creole is good)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1Combine all ingredients except salt. Salt in the marinade draws too much moisture from the meat over an extended time.
- 2Pour over steaks and marinate from 4 hours to overnight.
- 3Cook the steaks over medium-high heat to your taste- about 4 minutes each side for medium rare to medium, longer for steak that is more done.
- 4Of course everything tastes better when it is cooked outside BUT you can broil this inside and it comes out great!
- 5Season with salt to taste after cooking.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib Eye Steak in Bock Beer Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1202.0
- Calories from Fat 830
- Total Fat 92.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 270.3 mg
- Sodium 1060.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 70.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: