1/1 Photo of Rib-Eye Steak Au Poivre With Balsamic Reduction
From Gourmet magazine, this sounds simple and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely grind peppercorns with a mortar and pestle.
- 2Pat steaks dry and coat both sides with peppercorns, pressing to adhere.
- 3Season with salt.
- 4Heat oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over.
- 5moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 6Reduce heat to moderate and cook steaks, 2 at a time, about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- 7Transfer steaks to a platter.
- 8Add vinegar to skillet and deglaze by boiling over high heat, scraping up brown bits.
- 9Simmer vinegar until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- 10Remove from heat and whisk in remaining tablespoon butter until melted.
- 11Season sauce with salt and drizzle over steaks.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib-Eye Steak Au Poivre With Balsamic Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.1
- Calories from Fat 758
- Total Fat 84.2 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 246.6 mg
- Sodium 191.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 59.6 g