Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Gourmet magazine, this sounds simple and good.
Make and share this Rib-Eye Steak Au Poivre With Balsamic Reduction recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 (3/4 lb) boneless rib-eye steaks (b 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Coarsely grind peppercorns with a mortar and pestle.
- Pat steaks dry and coat both sides with peppercorns, pressing to adhere.
- Season with salt.
- Heat oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over.
- moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Reduce heat to moderate and cook steaks, 2 at a time, about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to a platter.
- Add vinegar to skillet and deglaze by boiling over high heat, scraping up brown bits.
- Simmer vinegar until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining tablespoon butter until melted.
- Season sauce with salt and drizzle over steaks.
The sauce is sweet and a nice contrast to the peppery steak.