Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Most people use the cheaper cuts of beeef ,but this is so good and tender I thought you might want to try !
- 2 good cuts rib eye
- 1 (8 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 3 cups water, l
- 2 cups potatoes, cut 1/8 thick
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to your taste
- Since your steaks are smaller than a roast , pre cook vegetables in microwave with some water to almost tender about 20 minutes , drain excess water. In crock pot put steaks and onion soup mix and a can of mushrooms. Whisk brown gravey and water in bowl. pour over steaks and soup mix add spices and gently mix. When vegetables are ready add to pot. Cover on high and cook. It takes around 1/12 hours for medium steak . Enjoy a very very tender steak !
This was really good but I did change it up a bit. I cooked this on the stove instead of the crockpot. I used three cups of gravy instead of the mix and water. I also didn't add the onion or mushrooms and used canned potatoes and carrots. I cooked this for two hours on the stove and it was so tender and tasty.