Now, this is a Texas sandwich. Make it and you'll see....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat broiler. Press peppercorns onto both sides of steaks and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- 2Slice onion as thinly as possible.
- 3Trim heels from bread loaf; cut loaf into 8 slices, about 3/4" thick.
- 4Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Melt butter. Cook steaks in 2 batches, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side, do not overcook.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon of butter between batches, if needed. Cover steaks and set aside to keep warm.
- 6Add 1 tablespoon butter to same skillet and saute onion about 5 minutes. Add beer and cook 5 more minutes, until liquid is almost absorbed.
- 7While onion cooks, toast bread under broiler 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 8Spread garlic and herb spread (I use Boursin) over 1 side of toasted bread. Place steaks, top with onions and top with bread.
- 9Serve immediately. You should get 4 sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib Eye Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 1100.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks