Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I think this would be excellent on freshly baked biscuits. Taken from "Rhubarb: more than just pies".
- 5 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups white sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- In a large preserving kettle, combine rhubarb and water; cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Add sugar and bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in pie filling.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add jello and mix well.
- Place in sterilized mason jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Remove from bath, let cool, check seals, label jars, and store in a cool, dry place.
I made this to be an easy jam for my friends pastry and jar baskets that I make each year for them, and I would have to saw that I think they were (and I know I was) alittle disappointed with this recipe. I don't know what it was, maybe the texture, but I expected alittle more. Sorry.