1 hr 10 mins
If you have an abundance of rhubarb and don't know what to do with it before you loose it, you may want to try this bread! The bread keeps in the freezer up to 3 months so you can savor the sweet-tart treat long after rhubarb season is over!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup all-bran cereal, flakes
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1Grease the bottom and 1/2" up the sides of 2 8X4X2" loaf pans; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, set aside In a medium bowl stir together the egg, brown sugar, yogurt, cereal flakes, applesauce, and oil.
- 3Add egg mixture all at once to flour mix.
- 4Stir just until combined.
- 5Gently stir in rhubarb.
- 6In a small bowl stir together streusal topping ingredients: brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, ground cinnamon and melted butter together.
- 7Spread batter into prepared pans.
- 8Sprinkle with streusal topping.
- 9Bake in a 350F oven for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove from pans.
- 12Cool completely on wire racks.
- 13Wrap and store one loaf overnight for easier slicing.
- 14Wrap remaining loaf in moisture and vaporproof wrap or place in a slef-sealing freezer bag.
- 15Label and freeze up to 3 months.
- 16To serve frozen loaf: Thaw frozen wrapped rhubarb bread at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Yogurt Bread Oamc
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g