Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Moist & Chocolatey, with a fruit taste.
- 250 g rhubarb, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 120 g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 140 g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted then cooled
- custard or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180c & grease 6 x 1-cup capacity ramekins.
- Place rhubarb, sugar & orange juice in a small saucepan on medium heat & bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low & simmer for 5 minutes, then cool.
- Place flour, bicarbonate of soda & chocolate in a large bowl & gently combine using a metal spoon.
- Add eggs, butter & cooled rhubarb mixture & mix gently to combine.
- Spoon into prepared ramekins & cover each with foil.
- Place on a baking tray & bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove & stand for 5 minutes, then invert onto serving plates.
- Serve with custard or ice-cream.
So smooth and delicious. I wasn't much of a fan of white chocolate, but this was so goo that I couldn't help but really love the white chocolate mixed in with the rhubarb. What a great combination!