Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rhubarb vodka gives an edge to the vodka that you just can't buy in the shops.
- Divide the rhubarb and caster sugar between two large jars.
- (At least 2 litres capacity in each.) Make sure the lids are secured firmly in place then give each jar a vigorous shake.
- Pour half of the vodka into each jar and then replace the lids again.
- Store the jars in a cool dark place for at least 2 months.
- During this time, give the jars a shake 2-3 times a week.
- After 2 months the vodka can be strained into a litre bottle.
Couldn't believe this recipe but we had a glut of rhubarb and I wanted to try something different. Outstanding!! I'll be making it every year. Incidentally, I used regular sugar.
this is really good!<br/>I let the sugar and rhubarb sit overnight to draw out the juice.
Yum!! I am going to use this process for all of my flavored vodkas!