Recipe by pansies
Found this on the 'net somewhere. I just love rhubarb sauces.
Top Review by RC
Use to make this years ago but lost the recipe. Thanks for posting it, so glad to have it back. This is one jam that really brightens the winter dinner table, when the green world is cold, gray and buried under the white of snow , and one of my favorites.
- 1892.0 ml chopped rhubarb
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 354.88 ml chopped seedless raisins
- 828.06 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rhubarb, onion, raisins, sugar and vinegar. Cook until thick, about 25 minutes. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add spices; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Pour, boiling hot, into sterlized pint jars, leaving 1/8-inch head space. Adjust caps. Process in a boiling water bath according to manufactures instructions. Makes about 4 pints. Excellent accompaniment with meats.