Recipe by Bonnie Young
Simple easy recipe using a cake mix. It is very moist. Now another recipe to use up that wonderful rhubarb. You can use fresh or frozen rhubarb.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Too sweet and recipe doesn't say where to add the butter.... I added in little pieces on top of the rhubarb sugar mix - probably not the place because it just seems greasy in addition to being overly sweet. The next day the whole cake was a soggy mess. Was I supposed to keep it in the fridge? Might be better if I knew where/how to add the butter and how to keep the cake from becoming soggy....
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 cups rhubarb (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 x 13 cake pan with butter or use release spray.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on bottom of buttered pan.
- Put cut up rhubarb on top of brown sugar then sprinkle white sugar on top of rhubarb.
- Pour mixed cake mix batter on top of rhubarb sugar mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees according to cake mix box directions. When firm to touch remove from oven.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes then flip over onto serving plate.