Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This fresh tasting cake is a must in the springtime.
Make and share this Rhubarb Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, made per pkg directions
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- Spread rhubarb in 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle sugar over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle jello over sugar.
- Spread marshmallows over all.
- Pour cake batter evenly over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for about 60 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Cool, cut pieces and turn them over onto plate.
This cake is excellent! Be sure to spray the 13x9 pan with vegetable spray first. I turned it over right after taking it out of the oven on to a cookie sheet. Everyone in my family loved it.
This cake was delicious and very easy to make. It seems that it would be overly sweet, but with the tart rhubarb it was just right. I served it for Mother's Day dinner and the family said it was definitely "a keeper." Whipped cream on top made a good addition.
Dear Inez.....up here in the Northcountry where Spring is coming all too slowly, I decided to try your cake for a service club public fish-fry. It was really an "upper"! I used rhubarb from the freezer which worked fine. Although I'm not a fan of either marshmallows or jello, this cake is a real winner and I expect to make it again soon for the same sort of event.......I know it will go fast. At home, a dollop of whipped cream would be nice. Thank you for sharing. Margo