1 hr 15 mins
Domestic Goddess's Note:
This is one of "the best" quick'n easy, tart 'n tangy Rhubarb Cakes I've ever had. Serve slightly warmed topped with French Vanilla Cool Whip. Delish!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup crisco butter flavor shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, add melted butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and the cut-up rhubarb, mix together.
- 3In a greased (9-inch) square baking pan, add the rhubarb-sugar mixture.
- 4In a medium-size mixing bowl, cream shortening and remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- 5Add the egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- 6Sift together, the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Add milk and sifted, flour mixture; alternately to the creamed mixture.
- 8Spread over the rhubarb/sugar mixture.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 10Let cake sit for 10 minutes in pan, before inverting onto serving plate.
- 11Let cake cool just a bit, but serve slightly warmed, topped with French Vanilla Cool Whip.
- 12Cut cake to make 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 242.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g