1/2 Photos of Rhubarb Tart With Orange Glaze
katie in the UP's Note:
Every Spring I start gathering rhubarb recipes for DH. Our rhubarb isn't ready until the middle of Summer though...but we are expecting tons this year! GOURMET / April 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in the middle.
- 2Stir together oj, lime juice and sugar in a bowl.
- 3Add rhubarb and let stand, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cut pastry in half lengthwise, then roll out each piece into a 11X7 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- 5Arrange pastry rectangles side by side on an ungreased large baking sheet.
- 6Make a 1/2 inch border around each pastry rectangle by lightly scoring a line parallel to each edge (do not cut all the way through).
- 7Prick pastry inside border all over with a fork.
- 8Strain rhubarb mixture through a sieve set over a bowl, reserving liquid.
- 9Top 1 pastry rectangle (within the border) with half of rhubarb, overlapping slices slightly.
- 10Repeat with remaining pastry and rhubarb.
- 11Bake until pastry is puffed and golden (underside of pastry should be golden also) about 30 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile boil reserved rhubarb liquid in a small saucepan, skimming foam if necessary, until reduced to about 1/4 cup, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 13Transfer tarts to a rack.
- 14Brush rhubarb and pastry with glaze and sprinkle with zest.
- 15Suggested accompaniment vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Tart With Orange Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g