Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A family favorite! Even if you don't like rhubarb, this is a "must try"! The sugar can be reduced to 1 1/2 c. if too sweet as posted.
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (approx. 2 lbs.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup minute tapioca
- 0.5 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- whipped topping (optional)
- Place first four ingredients into a large kettle and bring to a boil.
- Add jello.
- Cook on medium heat until rhubarb is tender and falls apart.
- Cool. Top with Cool Whip before serving, if desired.