Recipe by 4Susan
Where I grew up rhubard grew wild on the sides of the road. We'd pick some and grandma would make us this totally awesome pudding.
Top Review by 55tbird
Wonderful!! I added 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon cloves and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. I cooked 2 cups strawberries with 4 cups rhubarb. I used 1 1/2 cups sugar and no water. I also used 6 Tablespoons tapioca. I cooked it in the microwave, covered, stirring every 3 minutes til tapioca was cooked. Will for sure make this again!!
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, greens removed, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan mix together all except strawberries and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often, until rhubarb begins to release its juices.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rhubarb is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Cool and add strawberries. Top with whipped cream or drizzle with plain cream. Also good topped with a creme fraiche.