Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
the coconut and rhubarb flavours are so yum
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 100 g butter (room temp)
- 750 g rhubarb (cut into 1cm pieces)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 200 g extra butter (room temp)
- 3⁄4 cup extra caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- preheat oven to 190 c.
- grease and line 24cm springform pan with baking paper.
- combine coconut, half the flour and 1/3 C sugar in med size bowl. using fingertips rub in 100g butter to make coarse crumbs.
- combine rhubarb, 3T sugar and ginger in a bowl.
- using electric beater mix 200g butter and 3/4 C sugar in a bowl till light and creamy. add eggs one by one beating well between each addition until combined.
- fold in remaining flour and the baking powder till just combined.
- spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- next add the rhubarb mixture evenly over batter.
- sprinkle with the coconut mixture.
- bake 1 hr, cool in pan 15 mins and cut into wedges to serve.