Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
Delicious simply served over pound cake or ice cream, you can turn this sauce into an easy yet elegant dessert by layering it with plain yogurt in parfait dishes, or folding in whipped cream to make a creamy compote.
- 4 cups frozen rhubarb, pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen strawberry juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- In 6 cup microwave dish, sprinkle rhubarb with sugar.
- Mix together strawberry juice, cornstarch and orange rind.
- Pour over rhubarb mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave at high 7-9 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and sauce has thickened (stir once during cooking).
- Allow to cool.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.