1/2 Photos of Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding Cake
This no-hassle mix-and-bake dessert is like the old-fashioned cake Grandma always had ready after dinner, even though you never saw her working on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb, stalks (10 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (5 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Butter an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish.
- 3Stir together water, cornstarch, and 1/3 cup sugar in a small saucepan, then stir in rhubarb.
- 4Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in strawberries.
- 5Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl.
- 6Whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined.
- 7Reserve 1/2 cup fruit mixture, then add remainder to baking dish and pour batter over it, spreading evenly.
- 8Drizzle reserved 1/2 cup fruit mixture over batter.
- 9Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake portion comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 325.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g