Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- 2In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine apples and orange zest and juice. Stir to coat apples thoroughly. Stir in rhubarb and sugar.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until rhubarb is tender (about 12 minutes). Add strawberries and return to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 4Ladle hot pie filling into hot jars, leaving 1" headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace. If necessary, by adding hot filling. Wipe rim.
- 5Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
- 6Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove canner lid. Wait five minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Strawberry Pie Filling
Serving Size: 1 (641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 126.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g