Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
Make and share this Rhubarb Strawberry Pie Filling recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine apples and orange zest and juice. Stir to coat apples thoroughly. Stir in rhubarb and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until rhubarb is tender (about 12 minutes). Add strawberries and return to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot pie filling into hot jars, leaving 1" headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace. If necessary, by adding hot filling. Wipe rim.
- Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
- Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove canner lid. Wait five minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.