Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice combination of rhubarb and strawberries and strawberry preserves to glaze the top of the pie when it is finished baking.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, cut in half-lengthwise
- 1 single-crust pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (to be used for topping)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Stir cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves til blended.
- Add rhubarb, strawberries and granulated sugar. Toss to mix. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Line pan with pie crust. Spoon filling into crust. Fold crust around edges over filling.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat 350 and bake 35-40 minutes longer until crust is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack then spoon preserves over filling. Preserves will melt and glaze filling.
- Let cool 30 minute
- Put confectioners sugar in a strainer and shake over the pie.