You don't need an ice cream maker for this recipe, only a saucepan and food processor. It sounds heavenly ! Published in Redbook, June 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until rhubarb is very soft and forms a sauce, 6-8 minutes.
- 4Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- 5In a food processor, combine frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice.
- 6Process strawberries until finely chopped, but still frozen.
- 7With motor running, pour in cream.
- 8Process until creamy, but still frozen, scraping frequently.
- 9Spoon ice cream into a large bowl.
- 10Fold in rhubarb sauce just until combined, with streaks of rhubarb remaining.
- 11Freeze until firm, 2 hours or overnight.
- 12If frozen overnight, let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until soft enough to scoop.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb-Strawberry Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 11.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g