Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I'm not sure where I got this recipe. It's a great way to use up the frozen rhubarb that you have to make room for this year's crop. Passive time is chilling time.
- 3 cups frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup strawberry
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- red food coloring
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, water & strawberries in a pan.
- Bring to a boil, reducing for 10-15 minutes, stirring.
- Add marshmallows and lemon juice and cook until marshmallows are melted.
- Put mixture into a large mixing bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream to soft peaks.
- Fold into the fruit.
- Add food coloring to make a soft pink color.
- Put into ice cream maker and mix.
- Freeze at least 4 hours.
Everyone really enjoyed this. I will definately be making this again. I've already been asked to make again by the hubbs. Thanks for posting this.
This is lip smacking good.Will make again for the next celebration dinner! Probably 4th of July.