Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Whipped this up with the help of a few other zaar recipes, am posting mostly for my own use, but if you stumple upon it, please check it out.
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, small and whole
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- Combine flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in and blend butter with your fingers or pastry blender. Keep refrigerated.
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, flour and zest in bowl. Toss to combine.
- Scrape fruit mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- Bake in bottom 1/3 of a preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking until topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Be sure to place a cookie sheet under pie as it typically drips and bubbles all over the place.
super easy to make, second time I have tried this and get many great raves
Loved this! Just the right amount of sweetness, and the orange zest added that little something extra! I will be making this again while the rhubarb is fresh and plentiful! Thank you BB!! Made for 1.2.3 Hits!
Very good pie! The directions call for an unbaked pie crust, but it's not in the ingredients list. I used Classic Pie Crust, Idiot Proof Step-By-Step Photo Tutorial for it. I love the inclusion of orange zest and the crumb topping is delicious. Made and Reviewed for VegNSwap 5. Thanks! :)