Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is really a wonderful rhubarb crisp recipe and you can use strawberries or peaches. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whip cream - this dessert everyone will love! I use vegan butter to make this dessert vegan, and it turns out just as good. Enjoy!
- 453.59 g strawberries or 453.59 g peach, chopped
- 340.19 g rhubarb, chopped
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 36.97 ml tapioca or 36.97 ml cornstarch
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml reg. sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 88.74 ml butter
- 78.07 ml oats
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the filling ingredients in a bowl, stir, and let sit while you are working on the topping.
- With a mixer, mix all the dry toppings (including the oats and nuts) ingredients until well combined. Add the butter in 1 tablespoon increments until a crumble topping starts to form.
- Place the fruit filling into a non-metal pan like a ceramic or glass pie pan. Place the crumble topping on top and bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes. Place a cookie sheet below the pie pan because sometimes the fruit filling bubbles over.