Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really a wonderful rhubarb crisp recipe and you can use strawberries or peaches. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whip cream - this dessert everyone will love! I use vegan butter to make this dessert vegan, and it turns out just as good. Enjoy!
- 1 lb strawberries or 1 lb peach, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb rhubarb, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tapioca or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reg. sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the filling ingredients in a bowl, stir, and let sit while you are working on the topping.
- With a mixer, mix all the dry toppings (including the oats and nuts) ingredients until well combined. Add the butter in 1 tablespoon increments until a crumble topping starts to form.
- Place the fruit filling into a non-metal pan like a ceramic or glass pie pan. Place the crumble topping on top and bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes. Place a cookie sheet below the pie pan because sometimes the fruit filling bubbles over.