Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is my own creations, as we had tons of rhubarbs and strawberries in the garden always! I added oranges for a fresh taste. I serve it with sweetened whipping cream, or Kirsch or vanilla cream sauce. I often served this for the children with granola; and how they loved it.
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced,fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries, halved,fresh or frozen thawed
- 2 medium oranges, peeled,sliced and halved
- In a large skillet mix rhubarb, sugar, and salt.
- Cover a cook over very low heat without stirring 2-25 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, shaking skillet occasionally.
- Stir in strawberries and oranges.
- Chill in serving dish.
Excellent! Easy and good on everything - homemade yoghurt and ice cream. I reduced sugar to 3/4 c. and used a can of mandarin oranges instead of fresh.