Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour, all purpose
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange rind
- 6 cups rhubarb, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- FILLING: In large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and orange rind.
- Add rhubarb and strawberries; toss well.
- Spread mixture in 13 x 9 in. (3.5 L) baking dish.
- Bake in 400F(200C) oven 10 minutes.
- TOPPING: In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using fingers or two knives, cut in margarine until mixture resembles small peas.
- With fork, stir in buttermilk just until soft dough forms.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls in 12 mounds on top of hot fruit filling.
- Bake in 400F(200C) oven 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and has risen.
Made this tonight for dessert. Didn't have enough rhubarb, so I added some cherries and fresh peaches, like one of the other reviewers. I liked it and will make it again, but I would probably not add the orange zest next time. I thought it gave it a really odd taste.
Thank you for a great tasting cobbler!!! As soon as my DH put the first bite into his mouth he commented on how good it was. I will be putting this recipe at the front of my rhubard recipes.
easy and delic....very soft and tender bisuit on top! Thx for sharing, will use over and over. I found sliced strawberries at Sam's for cheap and just tossed 3 cups in. Because I live in high altituude I added 1T more flour to filling. Didn't have orange zest at one point, so used a few tbsp of orange juice instead, still amazing.