Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is wonderful served with vanilla ice cream!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces (no subs)
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar (can use less sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl combine flour brown sugar, quick-cooking oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut the butter in until crumbly.
- Press HALF of the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- In a bowl combine the sliced strwberries with chopped rhubarb; spoon evenly on top of the flour/oatmeal mixture.
- In a saucepan combine white sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat, cook stirring for about 2 minutes; pour the mixture over the fruit in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining HALF of the flour/oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Serve with ice cream.