Recipe by Boyz 5
This moist cake with a sweet crunchy topping is so easy to prepare and makes a delightful spring brunch dessert!!!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream (light or regular)
- 4 cups rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift or stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Fold in sour cream and rhubarb.
- Spoon into greased 13 by 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Stir together granulated sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.