Prep 55 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rhubarb grows like crazy around here- so I'm always looking for recipes to use rhubarb. *** Prep time includes rising time for the dough.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (120 to 130 )
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups rhubarb, sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the hot roll mix with contents of yeast packet and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Stir in the water, egg and 2 tablespoons butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface.
- Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll-up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down over rhubarb sauce. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.