My aunt used to grow TONS of rhubarb and I wish I had it now, finding it these days isn't always easy. This recipe is very old, and you can use fresh or frozen rhubarb.
- In a bowl, cut butter into brown sugar till crumbly. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 WELL GREASED muffin cups (I have tried using cupcake papers, and it doesn't work!). Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter or margarine, and sugar. Beat in egg.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with cream.
- Spoon batter over rhubarb filling cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake 350° for 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and invert onto serving tray. Serve warm.