- 236.59 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, cold
- 946.36 ml rhubarb, fresh or frozen, diced
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2 (56.69 g) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 78.07 ml cold water
- 0.26-0.39 ml red food coloring (optional)
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream, whipped or 236.59 ml Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press into a greased 8 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar, water and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water, let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir into rhubarb mixture.
- Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until cooled, about 2 hours.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares.