1/1 Photo of Rhubarb Squares
A bar recipe with a shortbread crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- 2Cut in butter until crumbly.
- 3Press into a greased 8 inch baking dish.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 5Cool on a wire rack.
- 6In a saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar, water and salt to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 8In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water, let stand for 1 minute.
- 9Stir into rhubarb mixture.
- 10Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- 11Stir in food coloring if desired.
- 12Cover and refrigerate until cooled, about 2 hours.
- 13Fold in whipped cream.
- 14Spread over crust.
- 15Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- 16Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Squares
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Sodium 212.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g