Top Review by Karen DeHaas
This was pretty good, but I think next time I'll add some brown sugar or something, to "kick up" the crust portion a little. The "filling" was excellent with a little lemon zest added in. I just think the crust is a little tasteless. A few alterations, and this could make a great, tasty, low-fat new way of enjoying the taste of rhubarb deserts, without a ton of fat.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb or 3 cups frozen rhubarb, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and powdered sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 11-inch x 7-inch x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- For filling, combine the first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in rhubarb; pour over a warm crust. Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.