2 hrs 10 mins
As seen in Self Magazine July 2014. You can make this non-alcolholic or alcoholic, your choice...either use the seltzer or the wine.To get the prettiest blush color for this drink, be sure to choose rhubarb without any green streaks, and don't remove the fibrous pink peel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, stir rhubarb, sugar and lemon juice over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- 3Simmer, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb breaks down completely, about 6 minutes.
- 4Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- 5Discard solids.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- 7Divide syrup amount 8 glasses.
- 8Top with seltzer or Cava wine.
- 9Garnish with lemon and grapefruit slices.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Spritzer
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pink grapefruit slices