Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
As seen in Self Magazine July 2014. You can make this non-alcolholic or alcoholic, your choice...either use the seltzer or the wine.To get the prettiest blush color for this drink, be sure to choose rhubarb without any green streaks, and don't remove the fibrous pink peel.
- 10 ounces rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups seltzer water
- 750 ml cava wine, dry sparkling
- 8 lemon slices
- 8 pink grapefruit slices
- In a medium saucepan, stir rhubarb, sugar and lemon juice over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb breaks down completely, about 6 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Discard solids.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Divide syrup amount 8 glasses.
- Top with seltzer or Cava wine.
- Garnish with lemon and grapefruit slices.
- Serve immediately.