Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I adapted this from another recipe to try to use more of the rhubarb in my garden. It has a really good sweet-tart taste.
- To make rhubarb sauce, place about 4 cups chopped rhubarb in a saucepan with 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to boil, then simmer until cooked down to an applesauce consistency. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are blended, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 8x11 pan (or two 8 inch round pans).
- Bake in 350 oven for 35-40 minutes (5-10 minutes less for round pans).
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to racks and let cool completely.
- If desired, frost with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream.