Recipe by bert
I came accross this recipe yesterday and had'nt made it in ages. I remembered how easy and delicious it was so went ahead and made it. It was even better than I remembered.......
Top Review by Kate57
Thank-you for sharing this recipe. Was thinking about making a rhubarb custard pie, but I'm glad I tried this sour cream pie instead. I took it for potluck, so it was served at room temperature and we thought it was great, but serving this warm with ice cream would be awesome.
- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups coarsely sliced rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemons or 1 teaspoon orange rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry& fit into a 10" pie plate.
- (Or just use a store bought shell) In a bowl, whisk egg with sour cream.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon& nutmeg; stir into egg mixture.
- Stir in rhubarb slices and spoon into pastry shell.
- Topping: In bowl, mix rolled oats, brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in lemon or orange rind.
- (I sometimes omit this step).
- Sprinkle over rhubarb filling.
- Bake at 400 for 15 min.
- Reduce heat to 375 and bake for 40 minutes OR until topping is golden brown and filling is puffed and set.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.