Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I came accross this recipe yesterday and had'nt made it in ages. I remembered how easy and delicious it was so went ahead and made it. It was even better than I remembered.......
- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups coarsely sliced rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemons or 1 teaspoon orange rind (optional)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry& fit into a 10" pie plate.
- (Or just use a store bought shell) In a bowl, whisk egg with sour cream.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon& nutmeg; stir into egg mixture.
- Stir in rhubarb slices and spoon into pastry shell.
- Topping: In bowl, mix rolled oats, brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in lemon or orange rind.
- (I sometimes omit this step).
- Sprinkle over rhubarb filling.
- Bake at 400 for 15 min.
- Reduce heat to 375 and bake for 40 minutes OR until topping is golden brown and filling is puffed and set.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Thank-you for sharing this recipe. Was thinking about making a rhubarb custard pie, but I'm glad I tried this sour cream pie instead. I took it for potluck, so it was served at room temperature and we thought it was great, but serving this warm with ice cream would be awesome.
Great Recipe !!
Very good pie! I love anything with rhubarb and this pie was easy to make and set up nicely. Dh thought it was a bit creamy but he isn't a sour cream lover (I didn't tell him it was in it) so he liked it but didn't go crazy over it like I did. The kids all gave it a thumbs up. Thanks!