Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We can never wait for the rhubarb to be ready in the spring so I can make this easy moist coffee cake!
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml chopped rhubarb
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Meanwhile cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in sour cream and flour mixture alternately. Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Turn into greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Mix all ingredients together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes until done.
Perfect in every respect!
Delicious! I even messed up and put in half granulated sugar before I read the instructions properly and saw 'brown'. Oops. Never mind, it was still great. I also added a nice tart apple to the mix in substitution for some of the rhubarb as I had a leftover one to use. Really tasty.
This is the BEST rhubarb coffee cake I have ever had. It's moist, full of flavour and easy to make. I didn't have enough sour cream so I used yogurt and it didn't change the texture or taste at all. My only suggestion is that when you are making one, make two as one doesn't last long enough