- 5 cups sliced rhubarb (1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- boil water and rhubarb in a large saucepan for 10 minutes.
- strain into a bowl in a sieve, pressing down on solids, discard solids.
- add sugars to liquid, stirring to dissolve, add lemon juice.
- cool mixture in refrigerator.
- add to container of an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- transfer to a freezer safe container, freeze for 1 hour.