Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from The Joy of Rhubarb by Theresa Millang. Cooking and prep time does not include refrigerator chilling time but does include freezing time.
- Cut rhubarb into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
- Stir sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; add rhubarb, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until rhubarb is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup and vanilla.
- Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator (I chilled overnight).
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pack into freezer containers and store in freezer if not eating immediately. (Sorbet will stay frozen longer if stashed in freezer for a couple hours before consuming.).