Adapted from The Joy of Rhubarb by Theresa Millang. Cooking and prep time does not include refrigerator chilling time but does include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut rhubarb into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
- 2Stir sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; add rhubarb, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until rhubarb is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 3Puree mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 4Stir in corn syrup and vanilla.
- 5Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator (I chilled overnight).
- 6Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 7Pack into freezer containers and store in freezer if not eating immediately. (Sorbet will stay frozen longer if stashed in freezer for a couple hours before consuming.).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (1142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 106.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g