This recipe came from Chef Bryan Webb, and served with Almond Biscotti is really a great refreshing item to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up fresh rhubard into one inch pieces.
- 2You may used frozen thawed, and drained rhubarb also.
- 3Combine white sugars water and lemon juice in a large heavy saucepot.
- 4Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- 6Add the prepared rhubarb.
- 7Reduce heat to simmer and simmer until fruit is tender.
- 8This should take ten minutes.
- 9Transfer all to food processor and puree until smooth.
- 10Stir in the cornsyrup.
- 11Transfer into a bowl and chill well until cold.
- 12Transfer mixture now to your ice cream machine and process to the machines instructions.
- 13When done, transfer into a covered container.
- 14Put saran or plastic wrap directly on the mixture, this helps to prevent ice crystals.
- 15Cover with container lid, and freeze.
- 16The cooking time and preparation time does not include chilling or freezing which should be at least ten hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Sorbet 1993
Serving Size: 1 (999 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 60.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g