Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Chef Bryan Webb, and served with Almond Biscotti is really a great refreshing item to serve.
- Cut up fresh rhubard into one inch pieces.
- You may used frozen thawed, and drained rhubarb also.
- Combine white sugars water and lemon juice in a large heavy saucepot.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the prepared rhubarb.
- Reduce heat to simmer and simmer until fruit is tender.
- This should take ten minutes.
- Transfer all to food processor and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the cornsyrup.
- Transfer into a bowl and chill well until cold.
- Transfer mixture now to your ice cream machine and process to the machines instructions.
- When done, transfer into a covered container.
- Put saran or plastic wrap directly on the mixture, this helps to prevent ice crystals.
- Cover with container lid, and freeze.
- The cooking time and preparation time does not include chilling or freezing which should be at least ten hours.
I substituted xylitol for the sugar, and honey for the corn syrup. It was wonderful. Thank you for posting this recipe.