Recipe by C Wojo
Really good on a hot summer day. Easy to make and keeps in the freezer so will not spoil.
- 8 cups rhubarb (chopped in 1 inch pieces)
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1/2 ounce) box Jello gelatin (strawberry or raspberry)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups vodka
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rhubarb in water until soft and mushy. Strain - saving the juice (discard the pulp). Add sugar and jello - stir until disolved. Add vodka and lemon juice - stir and put in a container (ice cream bucket/plastic coffee container, etc.). Freeze overnight (at least).
- This will not freeze solid due to the vodka however, it will be slushy.
- When serving - fill glass 1/2 to 3/4 full with slushy. Top off with 7up.
- (I quessed on the number of servings and the prep time. It has to freeze overnight or 12 hours or so.).